- We head into Estelman’s shop, it’s all burned out and gutted
- Several people stumble in the rubble and push their feet through the floor
- We make our way into the basement, then into the sewer.
- We find a closet in the sewer that’s been forced open
- Bookshelves are empty, lots of footprints
- Each shelf has a name pasted on it
- We gather the names off the shelves to create the list of Estelman’s customers, and we have a list of 27 names
- Imhol confronts a beggar outside, who runs away. As the witch hunter runs away, Imhol shoots him in the back, bringing him down.
- He interrogates the beggar who turns out to be a witch hunter.
- The witch hunter starts calling for help, and Imhol gags him and drags him back to the book shop.
- Oskar notices witch hunters coming down the street, so we all take off heading the other way.
Researching the Names
- We get a room at an inn, then ask the bartender about the names of the people on the list.
- The bartender recognizes several of the names that have been pasted over
- Grigger Stradech – Heretic killed by The Vengeance of Sigmar (a vigilante)
- Maltus Dorge – Mutant killed by The Vengeance of Sigmar
- All the names that were pasted over have been killed
- Everyone on the list is a merchant or noble, including those who were killed
Vengeance of Sigmar
- Wears a mask
- All his kills turn out to be mutants
- They’re strung up with a twin-tailed comet badge nailed to their foreheads
- Tall, thin, snuffles like a dog on a scent trail
- We ask about a man with a scar matching Ansel’s description, asking the various badge sellers because the Vengeance always nails a twin-tailed comet badge to his victims.
- One of the badge sellers recognizes the description as Brother Axel, a priest of Sigmar, who buys the badges as gifts for the children who visit the temple.
- We are told to meet with Brother Hildtveldt, who can tell us where to find Brother Axel.
- Hildveldt tells us that some witch hunters were searching after Brother Axel. It turns out the witch hunter in particular was Jan!